Okay so we let Pa down because he was pretty sure that when he logged on there would be a picture of him and Jackson. So not only will we give him a picture we will make a whole blog post about him. Where should we start? Let's start with how Pa found out there was even a Jackson. We were in Houston visiting family and we were going to have breakfast with the Swenys. We were leaving Grandma's house where I had only eaten two pieces of cantaloupe by the way when all of the sudden a snake slithered in front of me...no surprise I screamed. Pa came to the rescue and I ran off!! So on our way to Aunt Bootsie's house to pick up the Patterson's I began to feel a little sick. We pulled in to the drive way and I began dry heaving. I wasn't ready to tell anybody I was pregnant so when Pa looked at me I told him it was the snake that made me so sick...he bought the story...silly Pa!! So soon after entering the house and demanding some toast I had to run to the bathroom instead. When I came out Pa said what are you pregnant or something. So I spilled the beans and nobody believed me, not even Pa!!
Since I was put on bedrest during my seventh month of pregnancy Pa and Gigi came to the house to help me with the cleaning. Pa really wanted to help but his main task was to sit on the couch and entertain me while mom cleaned. In usual Pa fashion he could not stay seated so he decided to change some light bulbs and the next thing I knew he was dusting the fans...I seriously never thought I would see the day!!! Pa let me borrow Gigi on several occassions during my bedrest and after Jackson was born. I know you stayed at home by yourself and ate leftover hamburger helper and cheese foldovers....so thanks for the sacrifice Pa!!
Fast forward to December 30, 2008. It was the night to go into the hospital and Pa and Gigi wanted to be there. They arrived about 45 minutes prior to the time we had to go to the hospital. Pa and Gigi love to make Christmas special so we had a quick Christmas before Mommy and Daddy went to the hospital. Pa and Gigi were at the hospital shortly after we checked in. Thanks for being there for us...especially for sneaking Travis some much needed diet dr pepper from the secret stash in the Suburban!!
The whole birthing process took more than the next 24 hours and who was there the whole time well Pa of course (and some other really important people, but please remember this is about Pa)! Pa was very loving and probably looked the most worried over the next 24 hours. His face usually said it all. He was there with comforting hugs and smiles. Travis would keep everybody updated over the next 24 hours and I remember him saying...."your Dad looked worried". Thanks for being there for us. So soon enough little Jackson finally came and everybody stayed till midnight that night just to see me and Jackson. So first thing the next morning I was so excited to show off my precious baby and my first visitors were there....Pa and Gibo! They also brought Daddy a much needed breakfast!! Pa thanked us for using his name for Jackson's middle name. It was our honor to give our first baby the "Lane" name.
Pa is always thinking of others so he wanted to make sure the Thompson's were comfortable so they went on back to Tulsa and made sure the Thompson's could stay at our house. Thanks for being so thoughtful and always being there for us!!
We love you PA and look forward to the many special times that Jackson will get to spend with you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment