A week in the life of Jackson is so full of exciting new accomplishments and activities. We started a Gymboree class and Jackson has really enjoyed all the climbing. He is a bit unsure of the group parachute activities, but I believe he will warm up to the fun! He loves the bubbles too. He also likes to sing the bubble song about all his "friends". I will sing the song and he will tell me which friend's name to insert. Usually his favorites are Mimi, Pa, Gigi, and Pop!!
Jackson has met a great little group of friends that we have started to play with regularly. He enjoys talking about his friends and learning from them. I have really enjoyed getting together with Mommies that have babies Jackson's age so that we can learn from their parenting styles as well. I had no idea that Jackson could learn to say sorry and thank you. What polite things to teach him and I had not thought to even begin to tell him how to use those words.
Jackson had his 18 month check up just a few days shy of his 21 month birthday. He weighed in at 27.2 lbs (50th percentile), 33 1/2 inches (50th percentile), and head circumference of 50.3 cm (90th percentile). His percentiles are probably skewed a bit since he was older than the average at his 18 month check up, but we will take it. After nearly falling off the charts in heighth around 9 months, I was pleased to just see him grow.
Some funny things that Jackson loves to do:
**Licks people, yes I said licks as in sticks his tongue out and licks you
**Sticks his tongue out when he greets new people or objects
**Loves to laugh when tickled, he turns slight shades of blue as he cracks up laughing
**Loves to point out tractors in his 100 things that move book, he can point to the backhoe, excavator and bulldozer
**started saying "da" in front of every word. I believe he is saying the?
**said his first three word sentence, "help me momma"
**puts Daddy's ball cap on backwards and runs for touchdowns with Momma
**started saying, "out, house, off, hole, Gigi" new words abound everyday
**runs around kicking a ball...he will do this for 10 minutes, nonstop
**mowing the grass with his lawnmower
Jackson's sweet disposition makes my days spent with him so easy and joyful. He wakes in the morning with sweet chatter and a smile. He usually hands me his paci's as if to say he is done with them. On other very special mornings, I wake him and get a few minutes of cuddling and rocking. I love those cuddling moments. As he has gained his mobility his need for Mommy cuddling time has lessened. He still loves to be carried and will often times pull my arm into his car seat and give mommy a wonderful "arm hug" as I call them. He has also begun to bring me books and sit in my lap...what a joy! He will also climb into our big armed chair and say, "Mommy, book". So we will grab a book and sit in the chair together and read his books.
Our days are full of play. Jackson has a small patch of dirt in the backyard that he is a magnet to. He loves to take his tractors out there and dig and reposition dirt. I watch all the while thinking to myself how dirty he is getting. He loves it though so I settle my nerves and allow the dirtiness that deep down I can't stand. I mean dirt is usually in his ears and stained to his clothes by the time he is done. I remind myself that I bought him cheap clothes for just this circumstance so just let it happen.
Days and weeks pass so quickly as Jackson grows into a wonderful almost two year old! I can't believe his time as a one year old is almost up. I continue to believe he is brilliant, talented, loving and a super athlete! I love this little boy and his dirt!
No comments:
Post a Comment