Jackson's teeth have been so slow in coming in. His final I-tooth came in May and that would be just shy of being a two and a half years old. Some kids have those teeth before they are one! So as soon as he was done cutting his I-teeth his two year molars appeared. At the end of May he began to complain of his tooth hurting. He would tell me his tooth hurt and put his finger to the back of his mouth. I finally convinced him to let me feel them and sure enough his right lower molar is cutting through the side of his gums. It takes months for him to cut his teeth so I don't expect to fully see that molar until fall!
Jackson is certainly half wild monkey and so it was no surprise to me when he fell and broke his front tooth. I couldn't believe his perfect little smile now had a chip in it. I was upset about it until I remembered to be thankful he had not broken a bone or acquired a head injury.
He went to the dentist for the first time and did great. He didn't mind being there one bit and actually tried to go back in the doors to see him again. After the dentist took x-rays and walked away to review them Jackson kept asking for "that man". We go back in a few weeks to recheck his tooth and they are going to give him a more complete dental visit with a fluoride cleaning so we will see if he likes the dentist after that….time will tell!
As an update to this when we went back to the dentist in January 2012, Jackson had still not completed cutting his top two molars. The doctor said his molars were the size of regular molars. This is why it is taking so long and has been so painful. Jackson even had an ear infection that his pediatrician blamed on his upper molars...
ReplyDelete