Oh fall how I love you. October flew by and I am not sure where September went. October is full of birthdays in our Family. Travis and I celebrated yet one more birthday this past month and Hudson turned 4!
We started off the month by celebrating my birthday all weekend. Friday night Mom and Dad took us and the Patterson's out to dinner here in OKC at the Cheesecake Factory, which is by far my favorite restaurant. The next morning Jackson and I attended a friend's party and then jetted off to Tulsa for Tulsa Bible Church's fall festival. Jackson had his first taste of cotton candy and he was in love…October would prove to have lots of candy! This was a really fun day for me. We made only a day trip of our outing but my travel buddy was great. He can talk the whole trip. It was fun to just hit the road and have fun with Jackson. He even got to use his first porter potty while at the festival. Outdoor activity plus potty training equals three trips to the porter potty. I was grateful for the hand washing station. Sunday was our little family day and we woke up early, and I opened my presents, and then we made it out for a little breakfast before church. We ended the weekend with a family bike ride, which Jackson loved. He told Daddy he wouldn't need his own bike because he would just ride with Mommy. He loved telling Daddy to "pop-wheelie".!!
Bike rides became the activity to do. We discovered the pond in our neighborhood which had recently been stocked with baby fish. Jackson loves to go to the pond and throw rocks. I believe he could throw rocks in the pond for hours. We are going to love that pond next year when Daddy and Jackson can begin fishing. Jackson will wake from his nap and ask to go on bike rides. With the relief from the heat upon us and winter approaching we spent all the time outside we could! Falls in Oklahoma can be short lived. As I write these words a cold front is bringing in 30-40 mph winds and thirty degree temperatures. Fall will return in a few days and we will be back on our bikes headed to the pond.
I have been complimented on Jackson's ability to talk several times this month. He has began to develop good phone communication skills. I love hearing him talk on the phone with "Mims" and "Giger". He can carry on a whole conversation without my prompting. He loves to tell me to do things "right now". I don't love the way it sounds and instruct him to ask nicely, but he can say anything.
Hudson was turning four and Jackson and I were not about to miss the celebration! It would be his first birthday as a Texan. We went to the stockyards to enjoy watching the Longhorns sadly parade down historic Ft. Worth after an awesome Sooner victory earlier that day! The boys loved watching the longhorns and I was pretty impressed myself. For whatever reason Hudson and I have decided to celebrate his birthday with stomach bugs! This year would not be any different. By midnight Jackson and I would experience our first stomach bugs of the year and his first ever, together. That was a long night and I found out what it was like to be a real mom. It was one of the most memorable four year old birthday celebrations I have ever attended.
Jackson and I recovered slowly and then he came down with croup. This would prove to be a very sick month for us. Travis and I both came down with this as well. We slowly shook it off and enjoyed our health. I feel like Jackson has had a rough month due to illness and teething. He has been teething his upper two year molars for several months now. He will have several days of bad teething then it will subside. He actually tells me, "Mommy my teeth hurt. I need medicine. Chewies." I love that he can tell me when he needs something, but sometimes I worry if he just likes his new Tylenol chew tablets aka "chewies".
The fall decorations went up as soon as I felt like fall had arrived and we began to tell Jackson about Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment