Daddy prays with him every night before bed, and I think that is where he learned his prayer. Daddy makes him think about the things that he is thankful for and tells him how other people don't have the things that he has. I picked up on this one day when Jackson started telling me how other children don't have "lovies". He will randomly start telling me how other people don't have certain items that he has. It is a hard concept for him to realize since he clearly thinks we can just go to Lowe's and buy whatever it is we don't have.
He was running out of sand the other day and I told him to keep it in the sandbox or he would not have anymore sand. He told me, "Mommy, go to Lowe's, buy more." This is when I quickly realized the importance of teaching him how fortunate we are and that there are others out there who are less fortunate. So thank you Daddy for teaching him such a wonderful lesson. And thank you for teaching him how to pray. He has begun what I hope to be a lifelong conversation with his Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment