Jackson wants to be called Bubba. He announced that to me soon after Hadley's arrival. He likes to call her Hadalee, Miss Rose, and Hads. We will see what sticks. Miss Rose is two months old today. I can't believe an entire pregnancy plus two months has passed since I last blogged.
Hadley's first two months of life have been a smooth transition for Jackson. Unfortunately we have been plagued with illness. Jackson has been sick three times since the week before her arrival. Daddy got sick one week after we got home and progressed to share that with all of us. Most recently Jackson came down with flu like symptoms and then Hadley became ill. That led us to a 5 am visit to the ER only to find out what we all had was RSV and so did Hadley. Poor girl was so tired and sick that day from all the hard work from breathing.
We were suppose to travel to Texas that weekend, but Mommy and Hadley stayed home and Daddy and Jackson escaped the house by traveling to Shawnee for the weekend. Jackson went to his first rodeo while he was in Shawnee. He loved it! He came home and wanted to know where to find some rope so he could lasso his chair!
Our hectic schedule has finally slowed to our normal routine. In Hadley's first 4 weeks of life we celebrated Christmas three times, Jackson's birthday and birthday party. It was no wonder I forgot to add her to our insurance (that is a different story!). I am glad to be back to our normal routine. After all the illness and the flu still surrounding us I decided to keep Jackson out of school for a week. I have reluctantly allowed him to return. He loves preschool and was glad to get back to his friends. I am pretty sure he was about to go stir crazy.
Bubba loves Hads and we are pretty sure Hads loves Bubba. She loves to listen to his little voice. She perks up anytime she hears him and looks right at him when he talks to her. She can coo and smile as well. She began her little coo and smile routine at about six weeks.
Her eight week check up will be next week, but I know she weighs 11 pounds already. She is a good eater and an okay sleeper. Her sleep was messed up while she was sick and will take some time to recover.
Jackson likes to say she, "eats, sleeps, poops, and eats mac n cheese". I don't know why he added the mac n cheese, but he just laughs when he says it. He has developed quite the sense of humor. He has a bit of an attitude as well, but for the most part he keeps Daddy and I laughing!!
I put him in time out in my room the other day because he was talking ugly. I put him in my room for the first time because Hadley was asleep in her room, and he was screaming. I went back to the kitchen and noticed it was really quiet. His four minutes went by and I went to check on him. He was laid back in my chair with my two bibles sitting next to him watching tv with the remote in hand. I looked at him and just giggled out loud. He was so proud of himself for figuring out how to turn the television on. He saw my smile and said, "now how do I turn it to cartoons?" Oh how this boy makes me laugh!
He has adjusted well to his role of big brother. I asked him one day if it was hard to share mommy and he said yes. A few weeks later Hadley was having a bad day and I was trying to get some laundry done when I put her down. He came into the laundry room and said, "Momma it is hard to share you." I love how he can express himself and share what he is feeling.
Overall he loves her so much. He loves her and he can't keep his hands off of her! I am constantly telling him to give her some room. He loves to hold her and doesn't like new people to hold her before he does. At church the other day he says, "Everybody likes to see our baby."
He has really exceeded my expectations as an awesome big brother! I am super proud of him. He has played independently when needed, he has begun staying in his bed all night (most nights) and he still screams and pitches fits too. Those fits were to be expected but are far outweighed by him being a superb big brother. It was as if God made him to be a big brother!! Obviously He did, but I have been in awe of God's timing. It certainly wasn't my timing but clearly Jackson was to be a big brother when he was four. Jackson and Daddy are really bonding and I am okay with that. It is hard at times to see him choose Daddy over Mommy, but I am glad he is so excited to see Daddy come home and to play with Daddy when my hands are full with Hadley.
Our adventures as a family of four are just beginning and I look forward to all that is to come in the next year with our baby girl. The addition of some pink has been fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment