Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Jackson Can Swim!

Jackson can swim because Jackson decided he could swim.  He had started to swim at the end of last summer.  I knew he would be able to swim at the beginning of this summer, but he began to have a fear of drowning.  He announced that he would only swim when he could easily touch the bottom of the pool.  He spent most of the summer in his floaty that he would never before wear.  It really was helpful since I had to hold Hadley, and the water was too cold for her to get in.

We went to a friend's pool and Jackson could touch the bottom, so he swam.  He swam at my Aunt Susan's  pool in Deer Park.  She has a big yellow slide that I played on when I was little.  As soon as he saw the slide he climbed the ladder and slid down, with his floaty of course.  After a few times down the slide he was sliding without his floaty and swimming without his floaty.  It helped that his older second cousins were there cheering him on.  He loves to be cheered for!  When we came home from Houston he wanted to swim at our pool as well.  He has been swimming since.  He is so strong and such a good swimmer.  I have been taking him to the pool working with him and he is a natural.

He doesn't mind going under water so he quickly learned to dive for objects under the water.  I asked him if he wanted to dive for a torpedo and showed him how.  He did it the first time I asked him to.  He is so brave!  He enjoys "diving" in and doing cannon balls too.

I love seeing him learn new skills.  He gets so excited and proud of himself.  He also participated in his first triathlon.  It was really fun.  He was a little tired after it was all said and done, but he was really excited about his medal that he received.  He swam a lap in the pool, rode his bike, and ran about a tenth of a mile.  He wanted to walk, but he ran the whole thing with Dadda.  We made posters and cheered him on.  He loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment