Oh how I love this sweet girl. She has made my heart so full and my whole being so tired. I never knew I could function on so little sleep. I have kept my head above water for 12 months now! If I weaned her I would be guaranteed some snoozes, but I don't want to wean her just so I can sleep. It seems so selfish. I have made it this far we will go a little longer. She has recently had another cold that has led to another ear infection and nurses to soothe herself. I am glad she has something that makes her feel better. Crying it out is in her future, but not until I know her ears are all better.
Hadley does some really precious stuff these days. She says, "eieiei" and then we sing her Old Macdonald. She will roll her little hands together until we sing patty cake. She pushes Jackson's blue monster truck around like a pro. I think she watches everything he does. She loves to mimic Jackson. She giggles at him anytime we think he is being too loud. She loves his loud noises!
She not only walks, she runs! Daddy noticed that when she gets something she really wants she runs off. I guess we take too many things from her. She often gets into things she shouldn't. She climbs like no baby I have ever seen. She climbs boxes, tiny chairs, steps, anything she can get her foot onto. Her little lamb, her rocking chair, Jackson's stools in the bathroom…everything. She keeps me on my toes.
I have to be aware of where she is at all times. If I don't she is either eating something she shouldn't, putting her hand in the toilet or climbing. This tired momma isn't functioning at full capacity either so she gets a few steps ahead of me and she is in the bathroom again. Jackson now knows we keep the bathroom doors at all times! The playroom chairs stay under the table and her rocking chair has been hidden.
She still doesn't love the church nursery. I keep her time t there at a minimum. She worships with us and then goes to the nursery. She is only in there 30 - 45 minutes, but is still hysterical when we pick her up. She immediately stops crying when I take her into my arms.
She is still napping twice a day, but is very flexible. She often gets a cat nap in the morning as we are often in the car, but takes a longer nap at home. There are days where she takes one long nap or two short naps depending on what we have planned for the day. She is very flexible and has no problem sleeping in her car seat. I often transfer her car seat to her bed and let her sleep there. She is a great traveler in the car. If she is fussing she either wants to eat or sleep. She is very used to being in the car.
If she is well she is content to play without being next to me. If she is sick she needs to be held or right next to me. I am amazed how she can play without me. She is content to walk around the house getting in to whatever it is that catches her attention. She can be fairly independent. She doesn't sit still. She doesn't let me read to her. Sometimes she will sit in my lap to watch Jackson and I play catch.
I love how she loves her babies. She snuggles them up next to her face. I showed her how to love her babies like that and now she does it when she hold her baby and I say awe.
Hadley loves to laugh. She loves to be tickled. She loves a good dog pile and will climb right on top when Jackson has tackled us to the ground. She doesn't let anybody else sit in my lap. She will nudge them out. She enjoys playing peek a boo. If you say where is Hadley she will put her hands over her head. She is curious and loves to investigate. If you take something from her she will go right to where you hid it. You can't hide anything from her.
She is in love with the apple and strawberry puffs that I bought for her during a desperation trip to Wal-mart. I put them away in the pantry and so when she wants them she goes to the pantry door and screams until I get them for her. She is determined and full of spunk!
If she has something she is in love with and I try to take it she will put up a fight and then screeeam when I take it from her. She had Jackson's triathalon medal and I took it from her in order to give her a bath. She screamed through her entire bath and was only consoled once I returned it to her post bath. I do love her determination.
Her smile will light up your world. Her eyes light up and she shows all her teeth when she gives her big smiles.
I can't believe she is one. It seems so cliche, but it really seems like yesterday that she was born. I can still see that tiny little face laying on my shoulder. She is so smart and clever. I can't wait for her to talk to us and tell us what all is going on in her little world.




No comments:
Post a Comment