I fondly call her Hadley Rose Bear. She can be a bear and she can be a doll! She is sweet and loving, and she makes us all laugh. Hadley is tough and strong. She is strong willed and determined. She is so fun and amazingly smart. She fears very little and loves to be alongside her brother. She does everything he does and watches him intently, which is why she says "bad guy" and shoots people with her fingers all the while making shooting sounds!
We celebrated her second birthday in Tulsa this year with family. The Fun Bus came to Pa and Gigi's house and the cousins had a blast. Hadley enjoys her gymnastics class so this was a great activity for Hadley on her special day. She loved the singing and the jumping and all the hanging and climbing. I enjoyed having a day just for Hadley even after the chaos of Thanksgiving. It was difficult to come up with a theme for Had's party. She doesn't particularly love any one thing. Jackson loved tractors, but I could't think of anything for Hadley expect bubbles and Gymboree, which go hand and hand. A few weeks after I ordered all of her birthday decorations she began to love Minnie Mouse. It just so happened her skirt and bow that matched her partly looked like a Minnie Mouse outfit, which I only realized when somebody said something while she was playing with her new Minnie Mouse. She now loves Minnie Mouse! She loves something and is passionate about it. She won't take her new Minnie Mouse pj's off.
She also loves her lovey bunny, monkey, and paw patrol, Skye, and Gymbo. She now sleeps with all of these lovies. She is adorable all cuddled up in her bed with them. She knows if one of them is missing and asks for it. She also has to have three paci's (bebahs) as she calls them. If she only has two she will continue to ask for her bebah until she has three. Daddy is anxious to rid of them, but I am not. She loves them fiercely, and they give her great comfort. I would love for her to have them as we transition to a new home and she gains two new sisters this spring.
Hadley has beautiful dark hair with crazy curls! I have curls and I don't know what to do with hers! I looked in the mirror with her one day and told her how beautiful she was with her headband bow on, and she will now wear them for a longer period of time. She likes to be pretty. I put a pretty skirt on her and she twirled around smiling and laughing. I will put her Sunday dress on her and ask her to go show Daddy and Jackson how pretty she is and she loves to go to them and just smiles as they dote over her. Such a precious girl! All girl, but perfectly happy to shoot bad guys with her brother!
Hadley is a talker. I love that she can tell me what she wants and thinks. Tonight she wanted her paci in my mouth and I didn't want it so she looks at me and says, "bebah mouth", and so I did what I was told! She has begun to string two words together to get her point across. She does get very upset when we don't understand her. Fortunately she is clear most of the time. She says up when she can't hear her music. She loves her Cedarmont Kid videos too. She has seen Jake and the Neverland pirates with Jackson and now says "ahoy", and sings along to the and meeeee from one of the songs. Travis has shown her the Let it Go scene from Frozen so she walks around singing "et it oooo".
She talks so well but has not wanted to say her name or thank you. So yesterday when she wanted help she said, "help peeese" and I helped her put her toothpaste on her toothbrush. After I completed the task she said, "ank uuu". I was so proud of her. The next evening we were talking about good manners so Jackson caught on quickly and began thanking Travis and I for dinner and our help. Every time he would think of something to thank us for she would be right on his tails saying, "ank uuu".
It really doesn't get any sweeter than her, "Dear God". When we all sit down she will say "Dear God". For awhile she would say again after each of our prayers. So we would pray five times before eating! She always ends our prayers with a loud amen as well.
Hadley calls herself monkey when she hangs from bars or fridges or whatever it is she has climbed upon. When we were at Gigi's house she grabbed the handles on the fridge, put her feet on the doors and just hung there like the little monkey that she is!
Hadley and Jackson love to run around the house in circles after dinner. It is probably when they play their best together. We haven't been able to spend as much time outside because we don't have a backyard so I think this is how they burn off their extra energy! She likes to say go and then they run. She laughs and giggles and he wins the race every time, except when she cheats and turns around after a few steps, which she loves to do.
I have to mention her fits. She can throw a good one! She can stick her little lip out, drop her pacis and throw herself to the ground head down. She is a force to be reckoned with. We have left a few stores because of her screaming fits, but sometimes we just finish our shopping while I wrestle her into the cart while going down the aisles. I am just going to put this out there and say that her brother never threw fits. She is a bit dramatic and loves to have attention when she falls or gets a boo boo. She is all girl!
Once Jackson started Kindergarten Hadley and I have had some great one on one time. I have enjoyed our time together, just getting to see her little personality shine. She gets to be Hadley, not Jackson's little sister, but Hadley. She isn't getting into his stuff or upsetting him, she is just playing. She is fun and full of life. She loves giggling and helping me. She loves being my helper. If she helps she is all in. She doesn't want one towel to carry she wants the whole load to carry.
I love my little monkey helper girl! Her intensity makes me laugh and frustrates me at times, but she is amazingly loving and cuddly. She loves me to hold her and dance with her as her songs play. I love her quiet snuggles that she gives after she wakes up. She is an excellent napper and a great sleeper. She has been well since starting Singulair this past summer/fall. She is much happier now that she is well and feels good.
She battled ear infections for so many months, and when she had her ear tubes place it didn't seem to fix the recurrent green drainage. In order to avoid another potential surgery to remove her adenoids, we tried the singulair and were fortunate it helped. She is a happier girl and better sleeper because of it. Yeah for a baby that is well! She points at herself when I ask her who is mommy's baby. When I hold her she will lay herself down in my arms and say baby! She is my sweet baby girl and I and going to love her being two. She is going to accomplish so much and learn a lot this year. She is going to be my big girl helper and I can't wait to see her be a big sister!
This big girl has been using the potty for a month now. She showed interest in the potty when she would pull up her shirt and stand in front of the potty and say pee pee. She was mimicking her brother. She woke up dry several times so I put her on her little potty and she peed. We have battled her will a little, but she wears mostly pull ups and can keep them dry most of the day if I can keep her going to the potty. She won't let me know that she wants to go, so maybe I am the one that is potty trained, but she does so well that we are going to keep working at it.
She has her bottom two year old molars and we are expecting the upper two anytime. She has been a bit fussy and a picky eater so I think she is teething again. She all of the sudden had the two bottom teeth that I had thought were coming in. I hadn't been able to see them or feel them. She would bite me every time I checked. One day she was throwing one of those awesome fits and I saw them back there because she was screaming with her mouth wide open!

No comments:
Post a Comment