Jackson's dancing skills are limited, but who is really surprised, his parents couldn't buy rhythm if it was available. Nonetheless, he is adorable when he attempts to dance. He begins bouncing up and down and if the song is really good he will throw his arms up in the air and move them up and down as well, all with a smile on his face and a glimmer in his eye.
One afternoon a song came on and I decided to "dance" alongside him. Well I guess he thought my flailing around looked like more fun than dancing all alone. So he reached for me and we danced together, okay we flailed around in circles without rhythm! He giggled as I swung him around and sang together. He has been my dancing partner since.
Travis came home that evening and began to play some music from Jackson's barnyard radio, an activity they often do together. While they were playing the music I was crouched down behind the highchair picking up some food. Next thing I knew Jackson had ran over to me, squeezed around the highchair and moved me around till I was facing him and then climbed up on my knees. There was music playing and he needed his dancing partner, so we danced. What a sweet moment. Now every time since, if music comes on, he comes to me with arms outreaching so that we can dance together. (please remember I use the term dancing loosely)
No comments:
Post a Comment