Jackson is four and he is a big kid. He loves being a big kid! He is quick to announce and let everybody know that he is in fact a big kid. Four apparently marks big kid status. To all of our family and friends with babies that are two and under, Jackson has no tolerance for you and I am sorry. Babies aren't big kids and they just cause him grief. Hadley is the exception to his big kid rule.
Our little big kid is quite the rebel. Hopefully he will get it out of his system before he becomes a teenager. He has been raised a sooner. He knows he is Sooner Born and Sooner Bred, but regardless he keeps trying to cheer for the pokes. I don't know where I have gone wrong in my parenting.
His teacher is a huge Cowboy fan. I should have taken him to a different school the second I found this out. He tells me Ms. Julie's favorite colors are black and orange and therefore those are now his favorite colors!
His latest act of rebellion…accepting and insisting on taking an OSU jersey from Hudson, on loan of course. He and Hudson were playing a football game when we were visiting them in Texas. He had to have a jersey and helmet like Hudson. Hudson has an OSU jersey that is way too big so he was willing to let Jackson borrow that particular jersey. Apparently Hudson said Jackson could take it home. Travis and I said no! There was no way Jackson was leaving Texas without that ugly jersey once Hudson said that he could. Aunt Jen and Uncle Jay were of no help either. I made Jay promise to make no mention of this on facebook, but he couldn't resist. We were outed!
Jackson asked if he could do the dishes after dinner the other night. It was the sweetest thing he could say. He had just asked if I could play with him, and I told him I had to finish feeding Hadley. Usually I have to finish cleaning the kitchen as well, so I thought he was wanting to help clean so I could hurry up and play with him. I videoed the whole thing. He got his stool out and turned on the water. He scrubbed with the scrub brush and even loaded the dishes in the dishwasher. Afterwards he says, "do I get my dollars now?" I was only slightly crushed that he was motivated for money since I thought he was doing it so I could play with him. Regardless it was sweet and precious to see him helping doing the dishes. I wanted to post it on FB so his grandparents could see him, but I hesitated….because I realized he was wearing the OSU jersey. There was no way I could post that video with him wearing that ugly jersey! Sooner Nation would verbally abuse me on FB!!
I say all of this in jest. He can wear and choose who he wants to cheer for! He likes how Travis and I respond when he tells us he likes OSU. He likes getting a rise out of us. I support him and go along with what he chooses. He looks handsome even in those ugly colors. He just has to remember Mommy and Daddy won't pay his tuition if he chooses to go to OSU!
No comments:
Post a Comment