Twenty weeks is such an awesome accomplishment. I always love when my babies reach 20 weeks in utero. It means we are half way through pregnancy! Twenty weeks in the span of a lifetime doesn't seem like much. It is amazing what Hadley has accomplished and learned in 20 weeks. She can roll across the room. At first she was better at rolling to her right only, but now she can roll in all directions and scoot herself anywhere she wants to be. She sits up in her bumbo and loves her exersaucer.
Her biggest accomplishment…eating! She was so eager to have everything that was in front of her, while I ate, in her mouth that I thought she might be ready to eat for herself. She had her first bites right at twenty weeks. It seemed like a daunting task to pump enough milk to make her cereal, but as with all things it was easier than I thought. She loved her food from the first bite. She sucked it off the spoon. She didn't even make a mess because she sucked in every bite! Next came bananas and peas…loved those too!
She is so good with her hands. Her hands have always made trouble for her. She was swaddled tight and in her woombie sack for sleeping since her hands would wake her if she got them to her face. When she began rolling from her back to her stomach I was forced to unswaddle her. This was a rough few days. She soon realized she could sleep comfortably on her tummy and that also kept her hands from startling her. After a few nervous days of watching her sleep on her belly I realized how comfortable she was and so precious sleeping peacefully on her belly.
Of course she puts everything in her mouth, but she does it well. She is a week shy of six months and she can put her paci in her mouth. She is just figuring out how to let go of it once she gets it in correctly, but she has put herself back to sleep several times because she is able to get her paci and soothe herself.
When people see Hadley they always comment on her beautiful eyes. I often get credited for those beautiful eyes. Everybody has always said how much Jackson favors the Thompsons, so I love getting a little credit for my babies looking like me. If they are around Hadley for very long they comment on how strong she is. She lifts her head off the ground while laying on her back. She constantly jumps up and down when you hold her. She loves her jumping jenny! She is constantly on the move. She is going to have no problem keeping up with her older brother. They also say how much she looks like her brother. They do favor each other a lot! They also love each other a lot! Her face lights up when she sees him. He races me to her room so he can see her face and get her big smiles first! They also comment on her beautiful eyelashes. They curl perfectly!
We adore this precious little lady. Her smile is beautiful and lights up my day. She makes us earn her little giggle. When she giggles Jackson often says it sounds like she is crying. She hasn't given us the big belly laugh, but she is really sweet when she giggles while being tickled. She loves to reach her hands towards my face and bring my face to hers.
She still isn't sleeping through the night. She has actually regressed since starting her solids. She can barely make it four hours between feedings. I am often up with her at two hour intervals. She loves to snuggle with me in my bed. I don't feel that she is rotten. She is still bothered by her stomach and I feel that is what wakes her up during the night after she has eaten. I will sleep again soon, but for now I choose to use this time as my prayer time and also to love on Hadley!
No comments:
Post a Comment