Our tiny baby is six months old! She doesn't want to be a tiny baby anymore. She is crawling like an inch worm and if that doesn't get her where she wants to go she just rolls across the room. When she was six and a half months she decided to sit herself up and get her front tooth. Her left bottom tooth came in a mere two days after I noticed her gums were swollen. A week later the right lower tooth came through.
We are still working on her big hearty laugh. Daddy smooches on her neck and gets the best laugh. I can tickle her and tease her and get some good giggles. She is holding out on us or possibly we are not very funny. She gives some precious smiles. My favorite Hadley smiles come when she first sees my face when I come to get her out of her crib after she wakes. She gives the biggest sweetest smile to the one who gets to her first, therefore we often fight over who gets to get her out of the crib. Jackson insists on being there as well!
She is eating a good variety of fruits and veggies, but since I have noticed her teeth she isn't as interested in eating her solids. She gets angry when she has had enough and I put the spoon in front of her face. She makes it clear when she is done. She probably isn't very hungry because she eats three times at night and every 2 and a half to three hours during the day.
Most of the time Hadley is a very happy baby. This week she has been a bit fussy, and I suppose it is those two little teeth that snuck up on us. She continues to constantly be moving. I hear from most people that hold her that they are amazed that she is either bouncing or turning herself around the entire time she is held.
She has begun to fuss when I walk away from her, especially if she is hungry or tired. She will stop crying when she sees me again. She loves when I sing to her "You Are My Sunshine". If she can't see me I try to sing to her to keep her content and this is our go to song. I rock her to sleep and sing "Hush Little Baby" just as I did for Jackson. She usually wants to be laid down and not be rocked or sung to. I think she is warming up to letting me rock her and sing to her. I love snuggling with her. She isn't a snugly baby but we are working on it!! I guess she doesn't always snuggle with me during the day, but I get plenty of snuggles since she sleeps with me during the night when I can't get her back to sleep in her crib. I hold her right next to my belly and she sleeps like that until she decides she is hungry again.
Sweet Hadley keeps me up at night and I am completely sleep deprived, but those big smiles keep me going. I am a little sad about those two little teeth creeping into her big toothless smile. She is going to look totally different with those teeth.
This sweet little girl has added so much fun and joy to our lives. I am excited to watch her grow into our family and watch her personality develop.
No comments:
Post a Comment