How did Hadley Rose get to be three? Daddy looked at her the other day and said, 'she is getting to be such a big girl'!
Hadley loves Minnie Mouse. I don't know where this love came from?? But she was in need of a Minnie Mouse birthday party! She loved celebrating her birthday with her friends, cousins, grandparents and siblings. It is always fun when Hadley is around. She loved decorating cookies, eating cupcakes and eating her cookies. See the theme....this girl loves to eat sweets! She enjoyed creating with play doh and having a silly string fight as well!
When I think of sweet Hadley I just think fun, laughter, ornery faces, and silly, busy, sneaky, trouble, and strong! Oh she is so full of life. I love spending time with just Hadley. She and I have had so much time together once Jackson started back to school. I love my Hadley time. She has become such a sweet helper. She loves to help with the dishes and laundry. She helps me cook too. She likes to sit right up on the counter and be with me while I cook. In rare moments when we can just the two of us go play she is so excited. She loves to play grocery store, princesses, baby dolls, cars, and going to the movies.
Hadley loves to do whatever it is that Jackson does. She loves to say what he says and do what he does. She will copy everything he says. He usually tolerates this and gets a laugh out of her. She has also figured out how to push his buttons and pester him. We get a pretty good laugh out of this. She obviously knows him really well.
As ornery as Hadley can be she can be just as sweet and loving. She doesn't hesitate to share. She makes sure Jackson is okay when he gets hurt and runs to get him ice packs if she thinks he needs them. If he cries she comes to tell me so that I can help him. She wants desperately to help with and play with her sisters, but she is a bit rough with them. They are going to adore her in no time. They just need to be a little stronger and tougher!
Sweet Hadley is such a snuggler. She gives great hugs. She loves big and fiercely! She loves her daddy and loves when he comes home. She always asks where he is when she wakes up. She enjoys spending time with him and he even plays "Let It Go" for her when they are jamming in the car.
She also loves her Cake Cake. That would be her cousin Kate. Oh how she loves that girl! They are such good buddies. She always asks to see her Cake Cake. When they get together they just play and play. I love that she gets to have such a good buddy.
Hadley loves her dresses and hates to wear pants. She has strong opinions about what she likes to wear. If I don't make her get dressed she is more than happy to wear her pajamas all day! I love that she likes her night gowns so she is sort of in a dress..sort of! She has been out on errands more than once in her night gowns and leggings. She loves to wear her pajamas and sometimes I don't feel like making her change because it can be quite the battle. I have just learned to buy her cute pajamas!
Hadley doesn't like her hair to be messed with. I have taught her to tolerate her beautiful curls to be put in a braid. She has her momma's curls and they are a bit wild some mornings. She doesn't like to have her hair brushed, put in a ponytail or bow. I can at least put it in braids.
Hadley enjoys being told stories and being read to. She hasn't been able to sit still long enough to listen to stories until recently. It is now a sweet time to get to tell her stories and read to her. She loves "daddy stories" and the candy land forest stories that I tell her.
I think of Hadley's independence and how she puts herself to sleep when she is ready. I am always amazed at how we put Hadley to bed, she plays around in her room, reads to herself, sings, talks, counts and then turns out her lights, tucks herself back in to bed and goes to sleep.
Hadley has always been a go getter and nothing has changed. She got a bike for Christmas and she rides it like a champ! She loves to be pushed on the swings, but figured out how to pump her legs and swing herself. She is awesome at gymnastics. Her teachers say she has natural talent. I believe at this age it is her lack of fear. She jumps up in the harness off the trampoline and flips herself over without fear. She loves to fly across the zip line and lands her dismount. She has been doing gymnastics for several months now and I love that it is just for her! She of course loves to get a sucker afterwards!
Hadley is such a sweet part of our family and I never know what she is going to do next. IF I can't find her I usually know to go looking in the pantry! Three is such a fun age. I can't wait to see what this year brings us!
No comments:
Post a Comment